FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen announced that he has removed Dorothy Robbins from the Houston County Board of Registrars as a result of multiple violations.
“We simply will not allow someone who has operated in this manner to continue to serve as a member of the Board of Registrars,” Allen said. “We took the appropriate action in light of the circumstances.”
Robbins was removed after committing the following violations:
- Processed voter registration forms without signatures from the voters
- Made registrants active who had been convicted of disqualifying felony convictions
- Issued photo identification to non-registered voters, including individuals who had committed disqualifying felonies
- Registered a voter at her home address who does not reside there
- Processed voter registration forms without the required sign-off of a second registrar
She no longer has access to any office, equipment, systems or resources of the Board of Registrars.