Skip to main content Braille Voter Guide

Foreign Corporations

Qualifying your Foreign Corporation in Alabama

Do I have to qualify?
Any foreign corporation is required to obtain a certificate of authority before transacting business in the state.

Do I need to reserve my corporate title?
The only way to assure that your name is available for use prior to submitting your application for certificate of authority is to obtain a name reservation certificate.

How do I obtain a name reservation for a foreign corporation?
You may submit the name reservation request form for a foreign corporation. The fee is $10 and must accompany your form when submitted.


You may request a name reservation online for $28.

Secretary of State filing requirements:

Completed application in duplicate.

Articles or certificate of incorporation and all amendments duly certified by the Secretary of State or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is incorporated. Certificates of status, existence and good standing are unacceptable.

$150 filing fee payable to the Alabama Secretary of State dated within the last 90 days.

A self-addressed stamped envelope.

Where do I mail my application?

Alabama Secretary of State Alabama Secretary of State
Attn: Business Entities
PO Box 5616
Montgomery, AL 36103-5616

Attn: Business Entities
770 Washington Avenue, Suite 580
Montgomery, AL 36104


Tracking Pixel