FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2018 - MONTGOMERY - Alabama Secretary of State John H. Merrill released today the names of independent and minor party candidates who have qualified for ballot access for the November 2018 General Election.
To qualify, candidates were required to supply a petition form with a required number of signatures based on a percentage of registered voters within the district in which they are seeking election.
The names of the qualified candidates are as follows:
- J. Matthew "Matt" Shelby - State House District 96
- Elijah J. Boyd - State House District 10
- Craig Ford - State Senate District 10
- Mark Story - State Senate District 23
- J. Cooper Holmes - State Senate District 23
- Bobby James Dolan III - State House District 1
- Polan "Pete" Willis Jr - State House District 4
- Joseph Capser Baker III - State House District 54
- Tijuanna Adetunji - State House District 78
- Elizabeth Haney - 16th Circuit Judge (Place 4)
- Crystal Leverett - Circuit Clerk (Choctaw)
- Robert Blankenship - Circuit Clerk (Butler)
For more information please contact John Bennett, Press Secretary, at 334.220.4757 or by email at email@example.com.