FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - MONTGOMERY - Alabama Secretary of State John H. Merrill is excited to announce that another avenue is now available for Alabamians to accomplish business with the state through the Secretary of State’s online business filing portal.
Businesses wishing to register a foreign for profit and non-profit corporations can now accomplish this process from the comfort of their home or office.
This process is another step toward ensuring that the business that Alabamians and those doing business in Alabama conduct each and every day, flow more efficient and effectively, like the people of Alabama expect.
The list of services now offered electronically by the Secretary of State’s Office are as follows:
- Online Name Reservation (all entity types for all counties)
- Online Domestic LLC Formation and Dissolution (Baldwin, Montgomery, and Jackson Counties with more to come soon)
- Online Domestic for Profit Corporation Formation and Dissolution (Baldwin, Montgomery, and Jackson Counties with more to come soon)
- Online withdrawal of any Foreign Entity (all entity types for all counties)
- Online Formation of a Foreign LLC (all entity types in all counties)